Magic Gaming is hiring a full-time activation coordinator in advance of the 2020 NBA 2K League season.
The Magic just missed the playoffs in 2019, improving under new head coach Jonah Edwards. The team features 2019 Rookie of the Year Reizey, as well as 2019 second-round pick DT, plus trade acquisitions Toxsik and offseason addition May. Magic Gaming has a robust slate of partners, including Orlando Health, GAEMS and Papa John’s. The team essentially served as host for the 2019 Ticket Tournament, held at Full Sail University’s esports facility in Orlando.
The Magic Gaming Coordinator will be responsible for the execution and delivery of various Magic Gaming events in the Orlando market. Additionally, the Magic Gaming Coordinator will work closely with the Director and Partnership Development Manager to ensure all business and partnership needs are met.
- Manage event planning process and execution for various Magic Gaming events, including tournaments around Orlando, the Magic Gaming Round Robin at Full Sail University and a Rivalry Matchup.
- Assist Partnership Development Manager in executing various partnership deliverables .
- Work with Marketing Manager to help setup and run marketing grassroots events in the Central Florida area.
- Interface and coordinate with Orlando Magic Marketing, Events and Partnership teams to ensure delivery of grassroots and partner events.
- Provide insight and support on business matters for Magic Gaming, such as expense tracking and budgeting, additional revenue opportunities, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- College degree requirement: 4-year degree in event planning/management or equivalent experience.
- 1+ year of event planning / management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of sports/esports landscape beneficial.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.