The NBA 2K League has posted an opening in Event Logistics.
Here’s the full description, via nba.com (click the hyperlink to apply):
This position will assist in the development, management, and execution of the NBA 2K League’s events with direction from the NBA 2K’s Production & Events Lead. This role will work closely with cross-functional groups in ensuring the success of 2K League’s event strategy.
- Assist in overseeing the production and management of new and existing league events both in-season and off-season.
- Develop innovative grassroots and high-profile events to promote and support NBA 2K League fan engagement.
- Coordinate needs for hotel accommodations, catering and credentials inclusive of proposal requests/review; compliance/due diligence and agreements.
- Create and maintain operations documentation including presentations, planning resources, and recap notes.
- Manage Event Request Forms for all NBA 2KL events so information is compiled within the NBA’s master event schedule; provide updates to NBA Events as needed.
- Manage event invitation process to all NBA 2KL events.
- Ensure oversight of production agency’s overall performance, milestone management and debriefs/assessments.
- Manage overall travel logistics for players and coaches including air travel, visas and ground transportation arrangements both domestically and internationally.
- Create and manage project budgets, schedules, and logistics.
- Track existing events within the eSports industry and identify opportunities to integrate and grow the NBA 2K League brand.
- Research and develop recommendations for best practices and guidelines on managing NBA 2K League’s events.
- Collaborate closely with internal groups to plan and manage event activations.
- 4-6 years of live event, sports marketing, and/or project management experience
- Familiarity with broadcast and live events and digital based platforms is a bonus.
- Knowledge of eSports and gaming landscape a plus
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-focused environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as needed
- Ability craft creative thoughtful presentations via PowerPoint
- Design update and distribute schedule and information packets
- Must have excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills: ability to prioritize for self and for team.