The NBA 2K League is hiring a project employee to handle digital and social content publishing.
Here’s a description of the position, which you can apply for on Hitmarker Jobs (click on the description to apply):
What drives your passion for gaming & esports? How would you grow the NBA 2K League brand through digital & social channels? If you can answer these questions, we want to hear from you.This position is part of the NBA Emerging Media group which focuses on identifying, crafting, distributing and publishing content for the NBA 2K League’s social and digital platforms. As the demand for content on the NBA 2K League’s social and digital platforms continues to grow, this is your opportunity to grow with us in a fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment. This is a project employee position based out of the Secaucus, New Jersey office.
- You will identify elements and potential storylines from the NBA 2K League’s live games and tentpole events throughout the season from the league’s Content Command Center (including nights and weekends) for specific use on digital & social platforms
- You will craft content for NBA 2K League social and digital platforms (websites and apps) including video, photo and graphics editing, and written content
- You will curate and publish video, photo, statistical, and editorial content for all NBA 2K League social and digital platforms
- You will provide on-site coverage of games & events, when needed, from an editorial & social perspective
- Researching and introducing new content ideas for NBA 2K League social and digital platforms
- Actively participate in content planning for the NBA 2K League’s social and digital platforms
- Actively participate in league meetings to better understand how content can best support multiple business objectives
- Deeply knowledgeable and passionate about esports, the NBA 2K League & gaming hardware Knowledge of the Twitch streaming platform
- You have knowledge of basketball analytics and the rules of the game
- Background in digital, social, photos and graphics production/editing or video content production Strong writing and communication skills, as well as ability to execute editorial judgment
- You have basic knowledge of Content Management Systems, including WordPress Ability and willingness to work on deadline and handle multiple tasks at once with a precise and detail-oriented approach
- Ability and willingness to work both independently, and as part of a team
- This position will require occasional travel
- Experience with live stream suites, preference on XSplit and OBS Strong knowledge of internet and web technology fundamentals
- You have managed social accounts or social activations on behalf of a brand (can include college) You have professional examples of live event coverage for multiple social platforms (can include college)
- You have written for a third-party destination (not your own site) and have editorial samples to share You understand social analytics & trends to know the best types of content to use on respective platforms
- You have experience working on deadline
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.