Gen.G Esports, the first international team to join the NBA 2K League, has posted an opening for a head coach.
The Shanghai-based franchise will operate out of the organization’s Los Angeles headquarters for the 2020 NBA 2K League season, where it will be an expansion team in the 23-team league. Hornets Venom GT, the other expansion team for 2020, has already hired a GM/head coach.
At the 2019 expansion draft, Gen.G (lead by GM Nathan Stanz) selected 2019 champion Turnupdefense of T-Wolves Gaming and ZDS of runners-up 76ers GC. Following the draft, the team dealt ZDS and a 2020 third-round pick back to 76ers GC for a 2020 first-round pick and a 2020 second-rounder. Gen.G holds the No. 5 overall pick in the 2020 entry draft.
- Manage the day-to-day competitive schedule of the Gen.G 2KL team training out of the Los Angeles HQ and competing in other various locals
- Assist in all player benchmarking, performance evaluations, and scouting with team GM
- Create an effective training schedule for US players including post-game reporting and analysis on upcoming opponents
- Take the lead as the 2K subject matter expert in player performance, training, and the competitive scene
- Responsible for all pre-draft scouting and draft board creation along with team GM
- Travel with the team and ensure that all staff and players in peak performance condition and uphold the Gen.G organization with class
- Experience in either esports or traditional sports as a player, coach, manager, or staff member
- The ability to convey strategic ideas to players through video clips, text, and other mediums
- Basic Microsoft office skills and business etiquette such as email, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint
- Empathy and the ability to relate with both esports professionals and other members of Gen.G staff
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.