The NBA 2K League announced the full particulars of the first round of qualifications for the 2019 NBA 2K League draft pool earlier. DIMER has all of that info here.
Let’s consider a few tips on the first round of qualifiers, which will determine who makes the combine:
- The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back. This is about winning games, not racking up great stats.
- Do your best to complete games. If you quit or unable to finish a game, that will count as a loss, which will negatively affect your win percentage
- Play with people with whom you’re comfortable playing. Particularly early on, you don’t need to jump into a random game with random teammates who aren’t as prepared to help you win. Play with the people who’ll get you wins.
- It’s still worth streaming. Not only will this give scouts and managers more game footage on which to judge you, should you make the combine, but more importantly it will give you the chance to go back and and review your own gameplay and learn from your mistakes.
- WorldWideJust adds: Try playing at odd hours, if possible, to minimize the possibility of lagging out of a game. This will also minimize the number of random players with whom you might play and with whom you’re likelier to lose.
- As for the application, be honest.
- It’s worth watching other people’s streams to improve your own NBA 2K and even basketball IQ. All the league games are archived on the league Twitch page. Watch, learn, and your application will be better off for it.