The first stage of the NBA 2K League season two qualifiers have been decided, league sources tell DIMER. The finalized info is below.
Players who fulfill the below requirements will then advance to the NBA 2K League combine, whose details have not yet been revealed.
The first stage will entail:
- Players must WIN at least 100 Pro-Am or Rec games and finish with a 50% or more win percentage.
- The qualifier will begin on November 2nd and players will have 25 days to complete the process.
- The league application form must be completed by that 25th day, November 26, as well.
UPDATE: The league officially confirmed the above reports today. Additionally, the league stated that:
- Online applications will include questions on general applicant information, gaming background, basketball IQ, NBA 2K IQ, and an audio submission about why the applicant wants to be drafted into the NBA 2K League.
- The NBA 2K League Qualifier is open to anyone around the world who has a copy of NBA 2K19 (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One), an internet connection, and is 18 or older by the time the Qualifier starts.
- Winning more than 100 games will not increase a player’s standing.
- Pro-Am competition is a 5-on-5 format, with all participants using their existing MyPlayer.
- During the Qualifier, an NBA 2K League mode will exist on the main menu of NBA 2K19 for players to enter.
- Players can participate in games in Team Pro-Am or at the Jordan Rec Center in NBA 2K19.
- The 102 players who participated in season one do not need to participate in the Qualifier.
- Following the NBA 2K League Combine in December, the best players will be identified and made eligible for the 2019 NBA 2K League Draft.
- The NBA 2K League also plans to conduct one or more tournaments outside of North America to identify additional international players for the 2019 draft pool.
There will also be further interviews before the draft this season.