Wizards District Gaming is hiring an Esports Business and Team Operations manager.
The team acquired Dayfri from Mavs Gaming in exchange for the No. 14 overall pick in the NBA 2K League entry draft. Wizards DG also protected DemonJT from expansion. The team went 8-6 in the NBA 2K League regular season and were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs by 76ers GC.
Alongside the NBA’s Washington Wizards, Wizards DG travelled to London for a week in January. The trip featured on a special episode of the NBA 2K League’s Twitch show, The Post Up.
Here’s the full job listing, via TeamWorkOnline (click the hyperlink to apply):
Position Overview: This position is responsible for assisting with the development, overall strategy, and managing the daily operations of Monumental Sports and Entertainment’s esports properties and infrastructure.
- Assist Director to develop and execute MSE’s overall esports strategy.
- Manage execution of sponsorship assets across Wizards District Gaming and future esports opportunities.
- Deliver on community requests & obligations to promote and educate fan base and community.
- Coordinate with production staff to develop new, sponsorable, content opportunities.
- Track and measure campaign results for sponsors with help from the business intelligence team.
- Assist with planning and executing live events, including tournaments and in market activation.
- Take ownership of operational logistics for the esports practice space and work with team manager to support player needs.
- Manage activation zones related to esports within Capital One arena and additional opportunities.
- Lead staffing needs for community and partner activation as needed.
- Work across MSE business operations to provide esports knowledge and assist on projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1-3 years experience working with competitive gaming productions or within esports.
- Previous sponsorship sales or activation experience a plus.
- Experience with graphic design a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Organized, thorough, and results driven.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.