Mavs Gaming is looking for an assistant coach.
The team overhauled its front office after a disappointing season one in the NBA 2K League, bringing in Trey Christensen as Director of Esports and Jonathan Miller as Esports Marketing Manager. The Mavs hired former Bucks GG draft analyst Toijuin Fairley as head coach after Jonah Edwards was hired by Magic Gaming. Former first overall pick Dimez is the lone player on the roster after the team traded Dayfri to Wizards District Gaming for the 14th overall pick in the season two entry draft.
The Mavs Gaming eSports division of the Dallas Mavericks is currently seeking a passionate and highly organized individual with a deep commitment to coach within the fast-paced and ever-changing eSports industry to join the team as Assistant Coach. The ideal candidate is creative, adaptable and has a track record of proactively identifying opportunities and implementing solutions.
The Assistant Coach must be committed to helping each player on the roster. This includes providing in the moment feedback on gameplay, one-on-one sessions with each player, and any off the court support that may be deemed necessary for the overall success of the player and team in Dallas and New York.
The Assistant Coach will be responsible for helping the Head Coach with in game strategies, including but not limited to, reviewing game film, reviewing archetype patches and balances, and assisting in- player assignment/adjustments by position.
The Assistant coach will be responsible for helping to ensure that players are sticking to the provided schedule and enforcing the rules when it comes to latency and misconduct.
The Assistant coach will be responsible for assisting in the breakdown of film after practices and games. This includes going over old vods of the team and opponents.
- Passionate and engaging players and team with a knack for building relationships
- Must be capable of understanding 2K strategy and be able to report on opponent tendencies
- Experience in coaching and providing feedback
- In-depth knowledge of the 2K League and its community
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and pursue excellence, ensure goals are met and high level standards are upheld
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and urgency when it is necessary
- Enjoy inspiring people and helping others become better
- Uncompromised ethics; integrity and discretion with company and client information