The NBA 2K League’s top regular-season team is looking for a new team manager.
Blazer5 Gaming, which won the NBA 2K League’s mid-season TURN tournament and finished the regular season a league-best 12-2, is looking for a new coach. Chase Geddes left the team after season one, but Cameron McAlees remains on as the team’s esports director. Blazer5 protected MVP/DPOY OneWildWalnut and MVP candidate MamaImDamMan from the expansion draft. The retained LavishPhenom and traded their first-round pick (No. 17 overall) to Bucks Gaming for King_Peroxide.
Here’s the full listing on TeamWorkOnline:
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. Our organization has an opportunity and responsibility to positively impact our staff, players, fans, and community. As such, we are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and our community.We ask that you join us in this journey, and that you continue to advance this work within your own sphere of influence. We are all in this together – after all, we are all part of Rip City.Our Blazer5 Gaming Team Operations Specialist role is a six-seven month contract position with an expected start in mid-February 2019. You will be expected to live in Team Housing (provided by the Trail Blazers) during the duration of your contract.ARE YOU A BUILDER?
With any new league, franchise or organization, you’ll face challenges with no roadmap to overcome them. As we are participating within the first esports league to be run exclusively by a professional sports league, Blazer5 Gaming is seeking out individuals who are committed to paving the way for those who come after them.GROW WITH THE TEAM.
As a new league and franchise, we’re continuously learning. We are looking for someone who is quick to learn and champions change. As our Team Operations Specialist, you’ll be responsible for working at the ground-level with our players. From managing relationships, to day-to-day problem solving, you’ll play a key role in the growth of our team throughout the season.THE GAME PLAN:
This is a great opportunity to begin your career in sports, esports, or entertainment. You’ll be working directly with our NBA 2K League players, communicating with other teams, and managing each player’s calendar. You’ll develop meaningful relationships with the players and ensure the team’s needs are taken care of on a day-to-day basis. You’ll work both with the team and our internal Creative Services department to manage our creative work requests.YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Championing team and player needs by developing meaningful relationships that will allow you to accurately communicate on their behalf.
- Coordinating day-to-day and seasonal logistics for the team including hotels, flights and services.
- Managing the global calendar for all esports related activities inclusive of player schedules, the league calendar and more.
- Managing the creative work request process from start to finish.
- Other tasks as assigned.YOU ARE QUALIFIED IF:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or 1-3 years of experience focused in logistics, sports, digital media, or esports.
- You have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are passionate about working in a team setting and are motivated by helping others succeed.
- You showcase a willingness to learn and grow within a highly dynamic environment.
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t overlook the details.If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, take the next step to apply.Offers of employment will be conditioned on an individualized assessment of background check results after a conditional offer is made.We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.