The Atlanta Hawks are no longer listing a job for Business Manager, Esports, online.
The team originally listed two primary jobs connected with their NBA 2K League expansion team. The Hawks were one of four NBA franchises to join the NBA 2K League for the 2019 NBA 2K League season.
Former Houston Astros employee Samir Mayur is in charge of hiring for both positions.
Here was the original listing:
At the Atlanta Hawks & Philips Arena, our team is changing the game and entertaining our fans in and out of the arena. As an organization, we rock a bold attitude that focuses on teamwork, authenticity, & innovation. The fans are our passion, and their positive experiences are what propel us to create awesomeness. We work hard and run fast, yet we take the time to appreciate the details in the work we do and celebrate our successes. At the end of the day, we are an entertaining group that strives to do things a little differently and stand out.
The Atlanta Hawks will be entering the NBA 2K League in the 2019 season. In preparation for our franchise launch, we are looking for an Business Manager eSports, who will be the day to day leader in the organization for the NBA 2K League team, responsible for planning, operations, and representing the team internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
• Lead the business operations programming, planning, and execution to create visibility, revenue and marketing opportunities
• Manage sponsor and community requests and obligations to promote and educate fan base and community
• Develop business model to drive organizational revenue
• Represent the interests of the eSports team both internally and with external partners
• Support and work with internal stakeholders in marketing and sales to develop an effective audience building strategy and other marketing initiatives
• Serve as a primary business contact with team leagues, manage business and league relationships including reporting and implementation of best practices
• Assist sales organization in identifying sponsor prospects and act as an eSports expert on key partnerships
• Assist sales organization in integrating sponsor brands in the eSports ecosystem
• Mentor a new generation of eSports enthusiasts in the greater Atlanta area
• Create Hawks eSports content with marketing
• Manage the creative storyline for the team and its players
• Engage with the NBA 2K Community via emerging online gaming tools
• Enhance Hawks eSports identity in the greater eSports ecosystem
• Acquire new NBA 2K fans from the traditional NBA/sports world
• Assist in connecting sponsors to the fans of Hawks eSports
• Interact with media in a way that enhances the Hawks eSports brand
• Collaborate with the Coordinator of Player Operations on player personnel matters
• Assist the Vice President of Business Operations & Strategy in the sourcing and evaluation of ancillary eSports investments and market intelligence
The ideal qualifications will include:
• Possess a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Marketing, Business or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Deep understanding and experience around eSports and gaming
• Strong communicator, able to work in a diverse team
• Innovative leader committed to delivering results
• Strong understanding of digital media including social and streaming, and leveraging social influencers
• Demonstrate the ability to manage priorities and deadlines in a demanding environment
• Knowledge of NBA2K franchises and current league developments
• Experience managing a team
• Mastery of Microsoft Office
• Experience with account management
• Experience with budgeting and P&L management
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.