Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), the parent company of the NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, is looking for an esports marketing manager to lead Wizards DG and Caps Gaming, the company’s NHL esports brand.
Under the eager stewardship of Ted and Zach Leonsis, the Wizards and Capitals have been a pioneering franchise where sports esports are concerned, initially led by Grant Paranjape and subsequently by Andrew McNeill. One of the inaugural NBA 2K League franchises, Wizards DG made the playoffs in season one and have the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NBA 2K League draft. The organization also became the first NHL team to debut a 6-on-6 NHL esports competition, the Caps Gaming Showcase, through the efforts of Esports Business Manager Jordan Zelniker. Ted Leonsis, along with Golden State Warriors co-owner Peter Gruber, is also a controlling investor in Team Liquid through the aXiomatic group.
Besides for the top pick, Wizards District Gaming protected Dayfri and ReeseDaGod after the NBA 2K League’s second season. Head coach Patrick “ThePCross11” Crossan is set to return for his third year at the helm of the team in 2020.
Position Overview: The Manager, Esports Marketing is responsible for leading all aspects of marketing initiatives within the esports department. This position will focus on strengthening the Wizards District Gaming (WDG) and Caps Gaming’s (CG) brands through creative streaming and social media marketing programs.
- Oversee the day-to-day marketing operations of WDG, CG, and other associated esports brands on various social media platforms.
- Run live streaming initiatives on Twitch for both WDG and CG.
- Coordinate with Productions department on esports video programming.
- Develop and share monthly e-newsletter.
- Update WDG website and build content as needed.
- Work with Esports Business Operations on sponsor deliverables.
- Support the internal creative team develop and execute marketing materials.
- Oversee the marketing budget process and invoices for all projects.
- Support and promote revenue programs for Global Partnership and Sales departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years of experience in Marketing or related fields.
- Knowledge of and interest in esports.
- Organized with the ability to handle competing projects and problem solve in a multifaceted, fast-paced work environment.
- Hard working, detail oriented and results driven.
- Excellent project management, communication, and negotiations skills.
- Experience with Adobe design suite.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.