The Charlotte Hornets, recently announced as the NBA 2K League’s 22nd team, are listing an opening for the team manager position.
Charlotte’s team name, logo, and other information have yet to be released. The Hornets are the first announced team in the league’s 2020 expansion slate. Several other teams, including the San Antonio Spurs, have been rumored to be close to joining the league.
Here’s the full job listing, as posted on TeamWorkOnline (click the hyperlink to apply):
Hornets Sports & Entertainment (HSE) is seeking an esports Team Manager for the Charlotte Hornets NBA 2K League. You will be a key member of the NBA 2K League franchise, and will take part in developing, implementing and reporting on the team’s training, community engagement, competitive infrastructure, and social sharing. You will lead the Hornets NBA 2K League team and be responsible for planning and operations, while also representing the team internally and externally.
You will work closely with internal cross-functional business teams including; partnership development, digital media, and marketing, as well as our external partners and vendors to ensure the success of our programs. You will support the delivery of engaging in-game features and content, premier online and offline events, and engaging community events and activities.
You have experience in professional competitive gaming, preferably for a team, league, property or esports agency. You are creative, adaptable, and have a track record of actively finding opportunities and implementing solutions. You are passionate and highly organized individual with a deep commitment to learning and growing within the fast-paced and ever-changing video game industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide gaming team operational support
- Conduct all scouting and draft research and lead the draft for the Charlotte Hornets NBA 2K League Team
- You will handle travel, practice and event schedules for NBA 2K players
- Assist in marketing and social media efforts
- Assist in coaching players and conducting statistical analysis of player performance
- Be a resource for the players and mentor them as needed
- Monitor player and league specific social media and streaming accounts
- Assist in sponsor and community outreach requests and obligations to promote and educate the fan base
- Create training materials for internal use with the purpose of educating staff and sponsors on nature of the 2K League and esports
- Maintain relationship with 2K League outfitters and facilitate the use of inventory
- Guide the development of team live-streaming platforms
- Work with sales teams to activate on existing partnership obligations, recaps, and renewal efforts
- Be an authority on the 2K League marketing and player guidelines to ensure compliance
- Assist in the planning and execution of community events
- Establish and manage a network of contacts in the esports community and 2K League
- Review and approve creative output for brand and objective consistency
- Travel with team to ensure all team needs are met
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Experience, and AbilitiesTo perform the job successfully, you should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- Knowledge of NBA 2K League and NBA2K
- Competitive gaming experience as either a player or coach preferred
- Experienced video game streamer preferred
- Experience working in professional sports preferred
- Coaching experience preferred
- Experience educating others about esports
- Passionate about esports, basketball, and being an active Charlotte community member
- Experience creating gaming content for streaming and social media platforms
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal; ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Flexibility to adapt to frequently changing work environment, and deliver on challenging demands
- Ability to take care of multiple partners and conflicting interests
- Presents self in professional manner and has ability to interact with all levels of organization and external contacts
- Thought leadership to anticipate and plan for new developments in this space
- Independent and ambitious, with experiencing owning projects from inception through execution
- Ability to work irregular work hours including nights, weekends, holidays