Blazer5 Gaming is looking for a videographer on a contract basis to produce content for the team.
Blazer5 Gaming won The Turn tournament in season one and finished with the best regular season record of all teams at 12-2. The number one seed went on to drop their first-round playoff matchup to eventual champions Knicks Gaming.
Here’s the full job description:
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. Our organization has an opportunity and responsibility to positively impact our staff, players, fans, and community. As such, we are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and our community.
We ask that you join us in this journey, and that you continue to advance this work within your own sphere of influence. We are all in this together – after all, we are all part of Rip City.
Our Videographer role is a six-seven month contract position with an expected start in mid-February 2019.
ARE YOU A BUILDER?
With any new league, franchise or organization, you’ll face challenges with no roadmap to overcome them. As we are participating within the first esports league to be run exclusively by a professional sports league, Blazer5 Gaming is seeking out individuals who are committed to paving the way for those who come after them.
GROW WITH THE TEAM.
As a new league and franchise, we’re continuously learning. We are looking for someone who is quick to learn, and champions change. As our Videographer, you’ll play a hands-on role in developing narratives, collaborating with our digital and marketing team, and producing all of the content that our organization publishes.
THE GAME PLAN.
This is a great opportunity to begin your career in sports, esports, or entertainment. You’ll work closely with players and staff to capture and edit content, develop storylines and cover the Blazer5 Gaming season from start to finish. You will travel with the team to every event to provide daily on-site coverage.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Capturing and editing all content associated with Blazer5 Gaming.
- Collaborating with the esports digital content team to develop and deliver compelling storylines surrounding the team.
- Traveling with the team to capture content while on the road and in competition.
- Supporting the execution of our team’s social media engagement strategy.
- Other tasks as assigned.
YOU ARE QUALIFIED IF:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or 1-3 years of experience focused in digital media, videography, or photography.
- You have previous experience in a videographer role capturing both photos and videos – concert or event experience preferred.
- You are proficient in shooting with Sony G series of cameras and have a knowledge of lenses and camera functions.
- You are familiar with Adobe Creative Suite.
- You have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. You aren’t shy about asking for assistance when needed.
- You are passionate about working in a team setting among a diverse group of individuals.
- You manage your time and are confident with deadlines.
- You are a self-starter who can take an idea and run with it from start to finish.
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, take the next step to apply.
Offers of employment will be conditioned on an individualized assessment of background check results after a conditional offer is made.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.