Pacers Gaming is looking to hire a multimedia intern for the 2020 NBA 2K League season.
The intern will work with Pacers Gaming Director of Content Spencer Martin and Pacers Director of Esports Cody Parrent, who have helmed the team since its inception. The Pacers have been particular standouts this offseason in terms of content, posting impressive numbers on YouTube and surpassing 32,000 followers on the platform.
Pacers Gaming made the playoffs for the first time last season, securing the sixth seed before falling to eventual runners-up 76ers GC in the first round. In the offseason, the team dealt Ramo back to Pistons GT for the No. 4 overall pick in the 2020 NBA 2K League Entry draft before dealing its own No. 16 pick to Nets GC for season one Finals MVP NateKahl. Inaugural entry-draft picks Wolf and Swizurk were protected after the season; the team has three picks in the entry draft.
Pacers Gaming is looking for an ambitious and creative Video Production Intern with experience in filming and editing digital video content. You will be responsible for working with the Director of Content in conveying the brand message, crafting unique stories, and engaging fans on all digital and social platforms. This is a paid spring/summer internship up to 30 hours per week, starting as early as February and ending in late August.
- Assist the Director of Content in organizing and conducting interviews, live-stream content, and behind-the-scenes video series
- Edit long-form content (podcast, tutorials, behind-the-scenes, etc.) and micro-content for distribution on digital and social platforms
- Create and produce high quality, branded video content across our website and all social media platforms including Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Create video graphics and elements for Twitch, YouTube, and other social media platforms
- Create engaging short/long form motion graphic video assets and highly stylized graphics
- Stay up to date with eSports industry trends, emerging platforms, and best practices
- Ability to use excellent judgement and discretion in the management of social media content for Pacers Gaming
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends to monitor social media, react to news, and follow Pacers Gaming games and events
- Other content and operational duties assigned by Director of Content and Senior Director of eSports Operations
- Education in Video Production (Premiere Pro editing, DSLR camera operation & lighting)
- Knowledge of digital video editing, video production, and post-production techniques
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch)
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial minded
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with deadlines
- Experience shooting, editing, and producing video content
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms
- Experience in the eSports industry
- Experience with live-streaming
- Knowledge of the NBA2K video game franchise
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.