Blazer5 Gaming, the winningest team in NBA 2K League regular-season history, is looking to hire a head coach for the first time in team history.
After going 14-2 in the 2019 season, Blazer5 Gaming was eliminated from the playoffs in the first round for the second consecutive year, this time in a two-game sweep by Warriors Gaming Squad (eventual champions Knicks Gaming bounced the Blazers in one game in 2018). The Blazers boast a 26-4 all-time record in the regular season, five wins better than the next-best regular season team, but have not advanced past the first round of any elimination event (playoffs, tournament) since winning the 2018 Turn Tournament.
The team features back-to-back MVPs OneWildWalnut and MamaImDatMan and offers a strong partnership portfolio, including Toyota, Alienware, and jersey sponsor Biofreeze. The team protected Walnut and Mama, as well as two-year Blazer5 veteran LavishPhenom, over the offseason, and currently holds first-, second-, and fourth-round picks.
As a new league and franchise, we’re continuously learning. We are looking for someone who is quick to learn, and champions change. As our Blazer5 Gaming Head Coach, you’ll work at the ground-level with our players. From managing relationships, player coaching and development, to day-to-day problem solving, you’ll play a key role in the growth of our team throughout the season.
- Working closely with our NBA 2K League players and ensuring their individual and collective growth and development.
- Regularly reporting on the growth and developmental direction of the team.
- Serving as the team’s head coach during weekly competitions. This will require frequent travel with the team.
- Championing team and player needs by developing meaningful internal relationships that allow you to accurately communicate on their behalf.
- Supporting in the coordination of day-to-day team logistics.
- Other tasks as needed.
- You have experience competing in NBA 2K at a professional level.
- You have experience coaching or competing in basketball at a high school level or greater.
- You possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are passionate about working in a team setting and motivated to help others succeed.
- You showcase an ability to learn and grow within a highly dynamic environment.
- You are a self-starter who is detailed.