The Cleveland Cavaliers have listed an opening for an esports seasonal assistant to work with NBA 2K League team Cavs Legion GC.
The organization recently unveiled plans for a large esports facility in Cleveland’s Battery Park neighborhood. Anthony Muraco, the team’s director of gaming operations, departed the team last week after two years with the organization. The Cavs have not yet indicated an opening to replace him or announced a replacement. The team still has a strong esports personnel department, led by Jonathan Sumers, the team’s senior director of digital partnership and esports.
🚨Esports job alert🚨 We are looking for an esports enthusiast to join us for the next 9 months – #JoinTheLegion https://t.co/SoqcZZtR4r
Cavs Legion GC finished 8-8 in the NBA 2K League’s second season, its first under Head Coach Austin Peterson.
The esports seasonal assistant will aide in the planning and implementation of all activations within the organization. Primary role to serve as day to day operations assistant with a focus on facility maintenance and creative services. The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience within esports and gaming related platforms and will be a strong communicator with an ability to work on a diverse team. Strong planning, prioritization, and project management competencies.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in facility maintenance, marketing & operations.
- Marketing logistics, ordering of collateral and promotional material.
- Assist with creative services in the form of photography, videography and editing.
- Record keeping of team assets
- Serve as a resource for content production – assist with video shots, working with sourcing, merchandise ordering, etc.The eports seasonal assistant must possess a passion for esports. There must also be a demonstrated ability to juggle priorities and deadlines in a demanding environment. The successful candidate will have experience managing multiple tasks and account management.