The Charlotte Hornets, recently announced as the NBA 2K League’s 22nd team, are listing an opening for a Coordinator of Social Media, which will also function, among other responsibilities, as the lead role in the team’s NBA 2K League content and social media coverage:
“You will also assume the lead role in helping develop and produce content for the HSE’s NBA2K League team… Lead organizational efforts in social media coverage of NBA2K League team.” (via TeamWorkOnline)
The league announced on April 3 that Charlotte would officially become the league’s first 2020 expansion team, with Nicole Blackman, the Hornets’ Senior Manager of Innovation and Esports joining the league broadcast to discuss the announcement. Several days later, the team posted an opening for the team manager position. DIMER recently reported that the team is advancing in the team manager hiring process.
Charlotte’s team name, logo, and other information have yet to be released. The Hornets are the first announced team in the league’s 2020 expansion slate. Several other teams, including the San Antonio Spurs, have been rumored to be close to joining the league.
Here’s the full listing on TeamWorkOnline (click the hyperlink to apply):
POSITION OVERVIEWThe Coordinator of Social Media will assist the Social Media Manager on all Hornets Sports & Entertainment (HSE) social media platforms for the Charlotte Hornets, Spectrum Center and NBA2K League. You will assist in the development of new daily and long-term content opportunities, while also tracking and recording analytics for HSE social accounts. You will attend practices, shoot-arounds, games, arena events and other HSE events to provide coverage for social media. You will also assume the lead role in helping develop and produce content for the HSE’s NBA2K League team. You will need to develop relationships with players, coaches, front office staff and members of the media as well as be able to work across departments to assist in company-wide initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in delivering day-to-day Hornets social media content on Facebook (FB stories), Twitter, Instagram (IG stories), Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn and Weibo
- Assist with day-to-day coverage of team and players (practice, interviews, shoot-around, warm-ups, postgame, etc.)
- Work with entire digital team to develop timely content relevant to current trends in social media and pop culture
- Taking the lead on day-to-day Spectrum Center social media content on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, while working with arena marketing department and concert promoters to craft unique and engaging content
- Attend arena events (concerts, shows, etc.) in order to provide social media coverage
- Lead organizational efforts in social media coverage of NBA2K League team
- Track and record analytics on all HSE brands social media posts to determine content engagement, successes, impressions, etc.
- Help create and plan unique content for ticket promotions to fit the social/digital space
- Learn the social voice and tone of the organization to effectively communicate with fans, respond to inquiries and join in relevant online/digital conversations
- Assist with international content development and creation for Weibo
- Cut game highlights and additional television clips for social media via WSC and AvGen.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with players, coaches, front office staff and media members
- Build strong working relationships with numerous internal departments in an effort to properly message certain initiatives to social followers
- Other duties as assigned by department directorREQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES(To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this job.)
- Minimum of 1-2 years social media experience in a professional role or comparable Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in social media, journalism, English, public relations, or related field
- Develop various forms of content across different platforms
- Work with a wide variety of people and develop strong relationships
- Able to multi-task under time constraints, meet deadlines and work within a fast-paced industry/environment
- Well organized, attention to detail, and demonstrate an ability to handle multiple projects with minimal supervision
- On-camera experience a plus
- Assist in video and photo capturing
- Experience in the Adobe Creative Cloud with experience in graphic design for social media a plus
- Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal
- A self-starter who is resourceful and is an outstanding teammate
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, holidays