Warriors Gaming Squad is hiring a multimedia esports intern for a part-time position based in Oakland, CA.
The intern will work in conjunction with the Warriors’ Director of Esports Operations, Hunter Leigh, as well as Warriors Gaming Squad front office personnel.
Over the offseason, Warriors Gaming made history by becoming the first (and only) NBA 2K League team to draft a woman. Chiquita Evans subsequently made her season debut at center in week 2, a 1-1 split for Warriors Gaming. The team currently sits 3-2 , good for seventh in the standings. Small forward BSmoove leads the league in scoring, with 24.2 points per game.
Reporting to the Director of eSports Operations for the Golden State Warriors, the Multimedia eSports Intern is responsible for helping craft graphics, videos, and streams for Warriors Gaming Squad. Your work will focus on the creative and production side of things. Additionally, this role can work with and collaborate with the Golden State Warriors Creative and eSports team to develop their own skills and style.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise and improve your craft, while learning more about a growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization which values your initiative, creativity and work towards results.
This is a part-time seasonal position based in Oakland, CA.
- Follow the team taking photos and at times, video designed for social media
- Work with Photoshop templates to create graphics that we post on to keep fans up to date with the team
- Set up and produce a weekly Twitch stream content
- Build social-centric content that excites eSports fans
- Curate weekly storylines around the team and their season
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Understanding of Adobe Photoshop
- Photography skills, with some experience using DSLR or video cameras
- Deep understanding of the eSports scene and audience
- Experience with Twitch streaming or understanding of OBS
- Team oriented individual willing to take the initiative with partners to resolve issues
- Ability to work quickly with tight deadlines
- Effective communicator and leader
- Desire to work for a small and growing team
- Adobe After Effects skills a plus
- Video Editing skills & experience
- Direct eSports experience a plus
- Knowledge of control room and live entertainment production