The NBA has hired Harris Rubenstein as ab NBA 2K League Digital and Social Content Producer, Rubenstein announced on Twitter.
some personal news~ I am thrilled to announce that I have accepted a job with the @nba2kleague as a Digital and Social Content Producer! It’s an insane feeling to be combining my two favorite things and somehow making a job out of them. Season 2 starts April 2nd, be there.
Rubenstein was previously an on-air personality and producer for Chat Sports. He is also currently the producer and on-air host of the Bleav podcast, in which he covers various sports, in particular the NBA.
“I’m honored to join the NBA 2K League content team and couldn’t be more excited to cover the league going into season two,” Rubenstein told DIMER. “Matt [Arden] and Anthony [Oliva] have made it clear that storytelling will set the tone for the whole league and I couldn’t agree more. This league has thousands of stories to tell from its dramatic teams and players all the way to the Pro-Am leagues where our players honed their skills.”
The league initially listed this position back in November, via Hitmarker Jobs.
The responsibilities for this position entailed:
- Identifying elements and creating storylines from the NBA 2K League’s live games and events throughout the season for use on digital and social platforms.
- Crafting content for NBA 2K League social and digital platforms, including video, photo and graphics editing, and written content.
- Curating and publishing video, photo, statistical, and editorial content for all NBA 2K League social and digital platforms
- Providing on-site coverage of games & events from an editorial & social perspective
- Researching and introducing new content ideas for NBA 2K League social and digital platforms
- Participating in league meetings to better understand how content can best support multiple business objectives
With this hire, the league is poised to branch out and develop a wider digital audience.