Mavs Gaming is looking for a Content Coordinator.
The team has revamped its front office since the end of season one. The Mavericks hired Trey Christensen as its Director of Esports and added Jonathan Miller as esports sales manager, while Jourdan Kerl took over as brand ambassador. Toijuin Fairley replaced Jonah Edwards as head coach after the latter took the same role with Magic Gaming; the team also added former T-Wolves Gaming scout Lance Sessions as assistant coach.
Here’s the full listing, on HitmarkerJobs (click the hyperlink to apply):
The Dallas Mavericks are seeking a creative, energetic, and motivated content coordinator who can actively manage our passionate fan base across all digital channels. We’re looking for the ultimate team player who can create value for our digital community, helping to build the Mavs Gaming reputation for innovative content, brand personality, and fan engagement. As the ideal candidate you will:
- Be a natural content creator, with a passion for content creation.
- Be a hungry self-starter who is eager to help devise digital content ideas, as well as run brainstorms to embrace good ideas from other members of the organization.
- Dive head-first into daily social community management, developing a deep understanding and respect for our brand and fan base, and utilizing analytics to make smart content recommendations.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, moving seamlessly between team activities and tasks – coming up with creative ideas, turning those ideas into fast-moving micro-content, and distributing to digital platforms.
- Demonstrate that you are a digital native with an inherent understanding for user behaviors across digital platforms and how best to develop content that will maximize our connection with our fans. Stay aware of digital trends and be the first to alert the organization to new tools/platforms/formats for consideration.
- Have a passion for and strong sense of current events and pop culture, particularly as they relate to the growing esports industry.
- Have a can-do attitude and an ability to clearly express your ideas and suggestions to the content team, Marketing leadership, and other departments within the organization.
- Be a strong team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Develop a wide variety of digital content ideas and recommendations across many different formats (video, image, meme text, copy, headlines, etc.), work to implement strategically.
- Share the day-to-day management of our social media community across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other emerging social platforms.
- Assist in capturing weekly game highlights and editing small video projects.
- Assist Mavs Gaming Marketing Department with any one-off video projects based off workload.
- Help educate other departments within the organization on social media and content. Effectively handle content requests, deliverables, and sponsor post commitments on digital channels in a manner that keeps fans positively involved and engaged.
- Coordinate and execute Street Team initiatives as needed for events, on-campus activations, game day kiosk operations, and flyer distribution
- Bachelor’s degree, or 2+ years of Esports content creation.
- Must demonstrate proficient understanding of the NBA 2K League.
- Must illustrate proficiency in analyzing and measuring the effectiveness of digital content
- Must illustrate both extensive creativity and strong writing skills for fast-moving social media formatted micro-content
- Experience with Photoshop, gif making, and basic video editing is strongly preferred.