The NBA 2K League is hiring a Content & Programming Management Lead.
The league posted the position one day after the conclusion of the offseason league meetings in Dallas, at the Mavs Gaming facility. This is one of several high-level technical league jobs that have been made available over the offseason.
After former head of content and media Sam Asfahani departed the league to form OS Studios, the league hired Matt Arden as its new head of content and media.
Here’s the full listing, via HitmarkerJobs (click the hyperlink to apply):
This role is responsible for content planning and providing post-production and live broadcast content support for the NBA 2K League format, and production needs surrounding live game and packaged league programming. This role will also manage the programming and broadcasting optimization strategy for the 2K League.
- Work with the Production and Events lead in developing live game broadcast content
- Develop programming optimization strategy for 2K League game broadcasts to maximize streaming and viewership
- Identify elements and potential storylines from NBA 2K League live games and tentpole events throughout the season
- Develop KPIs and reporting metrics for league programming platforms and report on and analyze (quantitatively and qualitatively) viewership and engagement KPIs for all league programming
- Research and introduce new content ideas for the 2K League’s social and digital platforms.
- Act as a key player in cross-disciplinary discussions related to the development of digital programming with a deep understanding of physical production and digital platforms.
- Help lead significant league events (Combine, Draft, Finals) from a programming and content perspective
- Design content concepts and activations for marketing partners
- 8-10 years of producing or directing experience required
- Strong creative concepting and developing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well across departments, with clients and with business partners
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
- Analytics and Technical Production background a plus
- Prior eSports/Gaming experience a plus
- Required Education
- Bachelor’s Degree Required