Celtics Crossover Gaming has listed an opening for an Associate Social Manager.
After finishing just short of a playoff berth in season one, Celtics Crossover protected former second overall pick oFab and MelEast from the expansion draft. The team also retained sharpshooter Profusion after losing center Arsonal to Hawks Talon GC with the final pick of the expansion draft. The team also extended head coach Ricco Phinisee for the 2019 season; Phinisee coached the team throughout the season, leading them to two second-place tournament finishes.
Supervisor: Associate Social Manager, NBA 2K League
Reports to: Managing Director, CLTX Gaming
Celtics Crossover Gaming are seeking a leader in esports social media management with experience in digital content creation.
As the CLTX Gaming Associate Social Manager, you will be a key member of the NBA 2K League franchise, and will take part in developing digital creative, distributing content across platforms, and reporting on performance. You will serve as a social voice for the brand, while at the same time represent the voice of the fans to help refine content.
To be successful in the role, you will have a background in digital media and/or communications and feel comfortable working with a variety of content capture equipment and Adobe applications. You will work in close partnership with designers, team operations manager, coach and players to frequently capture and edit raw content from mobile devices that provide fans with a behind scenes perspective of Boston’s NBA 2K League franchise. You are creative, adaptable, and have a track record of actively finding opportunities and implementing solutions. You are passionate about sports and video games with a deep commitment to learning and growing within the dynamic and ever-changing interactive entertainment industry.
Responsibilities (include But Are Not Limited To)
- Capturing and sharing the daily experiences, training, and competitions of CLTX Gaming through the team’s digital platforms.
- Utilizing the team’s social media tracking tools to regularly measure and report back on content performance.
- Photographing team/player moments with an eye for compelling images and have the ability to edit/retouch as needed.
- Develop Instagram Stories and other forms of mixed media to help showcase the range of unusual experiences and challenges that surround professional esports competitors.
- Engage in regular activity across the team’s social channels which include (but not limited to): Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Manage online promotions that reward fans for social engagement.
- Collaborate with Business Development to promote merchandise sales.
- Collaborate with internal teams on cross-promotional strategy for content distribution on the Boston Celtics owned social channel(s).
- Maintaining the voice of CLTX Gaming while engaging daily with social trends and fans.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Willingness to learn and work with creative applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Premier (or After Effects), and Illustrator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to direct CLTX Gaming team/players for desired content and share accordingly.
- General interest in pop culture and ability to keep up with current/topical social media trends.
- Passionate about professional sports and enjoy playing video games.
- Comfortable working with new people in a variety of environments.
- Creative leader always searching for new approaches, opportunities, and presentations to make CLTX Gaming content standout.
- Collaborative teammate excited to inspire those around them.
- Ability to learn quickly and flexibility to adapt in such a new and rapidly evolving industry.
- Independent, ambitious, with desire to own and deliver successful projects.
- Available to work nights, weekends and potentially holidays depending on the needs of the NBA 2K League schedule.
- Ability to travel on regular basis to cover team competitions in New York City and beyond.
Please forward resumes to the Boston Celtics’ Human Resources Department to the email address linked below.