T-Wolves Gaming have listed an opening for a business lead position, responsible for directing the NBA 2K League team’s business and partnership operations.
The T-Wolves were one of four teams to join the NBA 2K League as an expansion team for the 2019 season. After an expansion draft that netted Feast and Hood (by trade with Cavs Legion), the team hired Shawn Vilvens as its GM and coach.
Summary/Objective: This position is responsible for leading the NBA 2K T-Wolves Gaming team and staff. Duties including planning, operating, and representing the team with both internal and external partners.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
1. Lead and set the vision for Esports strategy, planning and execution
2. Lead the business operations programming, planning, and execution to create visibility, revenue and marketing opportunities
3. Manage sponsor and community requests and obligations to promote and educate fan base and community
4. Develop business model to drive organizational revenue
5. Lead and manage the T-Wolves gaming GM/Head Coach and other business staff
6. Represent the interests of the T-Wolves Gaming team both internally and with external partners
7. Support and collaborate with internal stakeholders in marketing and sales to develop an effective audience building strategy and other marketing initiatives
8. Serve as a primary business contact with team leagues, manage business and league relationships including reporting and implementation of best practices
9. Assist sales organization in identifying sponsor prospects and act as an Esports expert on key partnerships
10. Assist sales organization in effectively integrating sponsor brands in the Esports ecosystem
The above functions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other:
Understanding and experience around NBA2K, Esports, and gaming including knowledge of competitors
Strong communication skills
Ability to work in a diverse team
Experience in digital media including social and streaming, as well as leveraging social influencers
Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and deadlines in a demanding environment
Management experience preferred including Account Management
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field.
Experience: 2-3 years of relevant esports experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibility
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position as well as operate computers and other electronic equipment. Staff may occasionally move boxes or other items weighing up to 20 pounds.
Position does require travel.
T-Wolves Gaming is an equal employment opportunity organization.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.