Mavs Gaming continues to fill out their front office personnel after revamping their front office over the offseason and hiring MPBA legend Toijuin Farley as head coach.
Via HitmarkerJobs, the team has listed two open positions, a full-time Sales Manager position and a part-time, entry-level Street Team Member opening.
UPDATE: The Mavs have filled the Sales manager position internally, with former Account Executive Tray Thompson moving over to lead Sales for Mavs Gaming.
The Dallas Mavericks are seeking an experienced sales minded, results driven individual who can develop and secure corporate sponsorships, assess and execute facility revenue goals, and lead all revenue efforts for companies wishing to maximize their association with Mavs Gaming.
The Sales Manager is responsible primarily for generating new revenue, while also renewing and upselling existing Mavs Gaming accounts.
This individual will continually be prospecting for future revenue opportunities and must be highly motivated, goal oriented, and contribute to the overall success of the Mavs Gaming team.
This role will involve a high volume of cold calling, prospecting, meeting with and building relationships with clients. Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and ability to establish relationships with senior level executives.
- Collaborate with the Director of Esports and Event Manager on priorities and approach to the market
- Acquire new clients, grow revenue from existing clients and strengthen customer relationships
- Prospect and Secure sales meetings through existing relationships as well as cold calling locally, regionally and nationally
- Meet and exceed daily/weekly/monthly corporate revenue and prospecting goals
- Research and identify industries and organizations to solicit for sponsorship/hospitalit
- Maintain high level of customer service to existing and new corporate clients
- Regularly attend networking & community events to build professional network and identify/develop sales opportunities
- Work closely with Dallas Maverick’s Sponsorship, Client Services and Merchandising Staff on related Mavs Gaming matters
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and new accounts
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Esports
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 5+ years of sales experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Sales/Sports Management
- Understanding of sponsorship/hospitality sales, event marketing and activation process
- Ability to confidently communicate the value of sponsorship & hospitality offerings
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels of the applicable organizations
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic, results oriented and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required
- Strong computer skills in all aspects of Microsoft Office and Data
The Dallas Mavericks eGaming division is seeking Part Time/Seasonal employees to be part of Mavs Gaming Street Team.
Mavs Gaming is looking for knowledgeable team members to bring fun and entertainment of Mavs Gaming to the Mavs Gaming Facility, various Maverick’s Home Games as well as offsite events such as youth basketball tournaments and games, gaming conventions, live radio station remotes, retail locations, sponsor activities, parks, playgrounds, parades and community festivals in and around the DFW area.
Duties and Responsibilities: Game Nights Street Team members are responsible for but not limited to:
- Set-up, trouble-shooting, and teardown of the Street Team Ambulance, inflatables, tents and plaza games
- Operate interactive elements, such as the inflatables, tent, and Gaming Ambulance (video games), which helps establish a fun and festive atmosphere at the entrance of the American Airlines Center.
- Assist marketing staff with contest and promotions for the plaza show (set up props, etc).
- Safe delivery and operation of marketing elements to off site events
- Provide top of the line customer service at private and public events inside the Mavs Gaming Facility
- Set up, trouble shooting, and teardown of gaming consoles, tables, chairs, and special vendor setups as requested.
- Assist Marketing department with various office projects, including All-Star Balloting campaign, database entry, filing, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license AND reliable transportation
- Individuals having eSports and NBA2KLeague knowledge are a plus!
- Must be proficient in Gaming & eSports
- Must be 18 years old
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Flexible availability is a plus
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and imaginative