Take-Two Interactive’s 2K is looking to hire a Marketing Coordinator for NBA 2K, whose role will include “eSports [sic] activations inclusive of the NBA 2K League.”
What We Need:
2K Publishing is looking for an Marketing Coordinator to support 2K in the day to day management of endorser partnerships and eSports activations inclusive of the NBA 2K League. This role will report to the Director of Marketing, who will oversee these relationships.
The ideal candidate will possess strong written and oral communication skills, a high level of emotional IQ, and the ability to continually evolve, drive and many times create new processes needed to ensure that all endorser and eSports partnerships are maintained in the highest quality. This candidate will also have experience in project management and display the ability to work with diverse groups and personalities including agencies, 3rd party vendors & partners. High attention to detail and the ability to keep teams organized and well informed to hit deadlines will be critical in this role.
What You Will Do:
- Manage day to day communications with talent managers and influencers
- Planning and logistical management of activities with endorsers – booking flights, transportation, event planning, etc
- Attendance at production shoots and events as a point of contact for management teams
- Serve as point of contact for 2K finance team for all endorser payments
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and external parties to coordinate and effectively execute on endorser requests and eSports goals and objectives.
- Ability to assist in the day-to-day processes of eSports execution including managing calendars, setting up and running meetings, processing and delivering meeting notes, providing feedback, and delivering assets.
- Create and maintain production schedules ensuring teams are on-track with deliverables and keep cross-functional teams aware of progress and milestones through all phases of development.
- Identify risks in advance and communicate appropriately
- Must be willing to travel
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in marketing or communications
- Previous PR or sports related industry experience
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Problem solver and ability to embrace ambiguity and take-action
- Competitive gaming or eSports experience a plus
- Interest in NBA basketball a plus