The NBA 2K League has listed an opening for a high-level position with the league, that of Head of Content and Media.
Sam Asfahani held the position with the league last season before departing to start his own media company. DIMER has the full story on that. This role essentially covers all league content, from partner content, broadcasting, and strategy.
Via Hitmarker Jobs:
The Head of Content & Media will primarily be responsible for league content strategy, creation and distribution. This position will also be part of a small but nimble team and will require input into wider League strategy and discussions
- Lead League strategy for content across all platforms
- Manage relationship with media distribution partners including Twitch
- Analyze data to continual improve live broadcast product
- Manage third party content agencies servicing the League
- Design content concepts and activations for marketing partners
- Play integral role in the team tasked on selling and distribution League content globally
- Lead creative direction of all content for the League, including social media
- Manage Production & Events Manager, and support his/ her operations
- Create the story for the league via the broadcast and social channels
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the gaming industry
- Solid technological knowledge, with specific experience around gaming, computers and content production suites
- Experience managing third party agencies and vendors
- Has a strong network in the gaming / Esports industry
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, with an aptitude for learning new computer systems
- Experience with gaming hardware
- Passion for video games
- Production experience (preferred)
Educational Background Required
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.