The Dallas Mavericks have listed a job for Head Coach of their Mavs Gaming NBA 2K League team.
Jonah Edwards coached the team in season one, but decided to resign following a season in which the highly touted Mavs, featuring first-overall pick Dimez, failed to reach the playoffs. Edwards, nonetheless a very good coach, is likely to get another head coaching job in the league for season two.
Here’s the full listing, via TeamWorkOnline:
The Dallas Mavericks is currently seeking a passionate and highly organized individual with a deep commitment to coach within the fast-paced and ever-changing eSports industry. The ideal candidate is creative, adaptable and has a track record of proactively identifying opportunities and implementing solutions.
The Head Coach must be committed to helping each player on the roster. This includes providing in the moment feedback on gameplay, one-on-one sessions with each player, and any off the court support that may be deemed necessary for the overall success of the player and team.
The Head Coach will be responsible for all in game strategies. This means developing game plans week to week, installing offensive and defensive plays to be executed at both practice and during live games, reviewing game film, reviewing archetype patches and balances, and player assignment/adjustments by position
The Head Coach will lead all player recruiting efforts both during the on and off seasons.
The Head Coach will be responsible for overall player management during both the on and off seasons. This means coordinating meetings and practices, booking travel accommodations, leading community event efforts with the team, and establishing player expectations and guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management, Sports Coaching Education, Business, or related field from a four-year college or university, or 5+ years’ experience in Esports
- Passionate and engaging individual with a knack for building relationships
- Experience in coaching and providing feedback
- In-depth knowledge of the 2KLeague and its community.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and pursue excellence, ensure goals are met and high level standards are upheld
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and urgency when it is necessary
- Enjoy inspiring people and helping others become better
- Uncompromised ethics; integrity and discretion with company and client informationWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.